About “Lara Sarhan”
Lara holds a B.A from American University in Cairo in psychology and Literature. Lara also completed a graduate diploma in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy from The Egyptian Medical Syndicate, and she is pursuing her Master’s Degree in Psychotherapy from Middlesex University, UK.
CLINICAL EXPERIENCE AND APPROACH:
Lara works with adults dealing with anxiety, depression, eating disorders,
mid-life crisis, and death or loss. Lara uses her existential psychotherapy and CBT training to fit the client’s specific needs in therapy. Her clinical experience includes training at ElDemerdash Psychiatric Hospital, where she was exposed to clients with psychosis, depression, and OCD. And also training with Medicines Du Mond NGO, where she dealt with stigmatized individuals, such as AIDS patients, people in street situations, and women who experienced domestic violence.
Lara believes that the existential psychotherapy approach benefits most people. Existential Psychotherapy focuses on helping the client explore their lived experiences more authentically and holistically while teaching the client autonomy of their lives and ultimately finding purpose and being fully present in their life while working to decrease their subjective meanings.
MODULES OF THERAPY:
- Intern ( 2015 - 2016 ) Médecins du Monde
- Psychotherapist Trainee ( 2016 - 2022 ) DR. AHMED AZZAM CLINIC
- PSYCHOTHERAPY & PSYCHOMETRY TRAINING ( 2016 - 2016 ) DEMERDASH PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL
- SCHOOL COUNSELOR ( 2014 - 2020 ) SUMMITS BRITISH INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- CBT - Graduate Diploma ( 2022 - 2021 ) Egyptian Medical Syndicate
- MSc in Psychotherapy with Existential Psychotherapy Training NSPC - Middlesex University, UK
- COUNSELING SKILLS DIPLOMA ( 2019 - 2020 ) The Center of Exelence UK
- BA ( 2014 - 2020 ) The American University in Cairo
- APA MEMBER NUMBER: C2000169031 American Psychological Association