I work to help you understand the inter-functionality of their mind and body, learn to cope with internal and external stressors while creating a safe, respectful environment with unconditional empathetic care. I incorporate several different approaches to ensure you receive the best care and always welcome your feedback. I hold the space for you to discover yourself and together, in a collaborative way, we can learn how to help you grow and flourish.
I am trained in CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) with an emphasis on Attachment therapy and Mindfulness-Based Practices. I also employ approaches from Psychodynamic, Gestalt, Narrative, Art and Schema therapy.
I have experience in helping adults with a variety of complex mental health needs, cultural differences, sexual — relational adversities and academic related struggles.
With a holistic view in mind, I aid your overall well-being combining body and mind.
Anxiety is a condition that lives in our body but is exacerbated my our thoughts. To aid with anxiety, a CBT approach is used where you learn how your thoughts influence your emotions and behaviors in a vicious cycle.
I will be able to help you identify thoughts as well as beliefs that increase anxiety and restructure them in a way that is more beneficial and soothing. Moreover, to relax the body, mindfulness and other relaxation training will aid in coping with some bodily reactions to anxiety.
An alternative schema therapy approach to anxiety may also be helpful in creating a visualization to counter anxious beliefs and sensations and feel safe again.
Depression often feels like a dark cloud following you through phases of life making it very hard to function. Through using various approaches such as Schema therapy, Psychodynamic, CBT, Narrative and Mindfulness, together with sensitivity we can understand the trigger of depressive episodes, how you relate to it, and how to cope with it currently and in the future.
- Counseling Intern ( 2019 - 2021 ) Hellenic American College Counseling Center
- Psychologist ( 2020 - Present ) Roots Wellness Center
- Graduate Teaching Assistant ( 2019 - 2020 ) Hellenic American College
- Administrative Assistant ( 2019 - 2020 ) Hellenic American Counseling Center
- Bachelors of Arts (Hons) in Psychology ( 2014 - 2018 ) Deree- The American College of Greece
- MS.c in Clinical Psychology and Mental Health Counseling Hellenic American College
- BA in Psychology ( 2014 - 2018 ) The Open Univeristy
Awards and Recognitions
- Annual Student Research and Creative Arts Symposium ( 2017 )
- Organization Service Award ( 2018 )