About “Mufina, MHP, M.Psych., D.M.H., D.B.M.P., D.Nutri.,”
“Hello! My name is Mufina, I am a Psychologist from Chennai, INDIA. I provide quality mental health services to people.
“Favorite Quote: BE UNSTOPPABLE”
“My friends and family have always come to me when they want someone to listen to their concerns or help them find solutions to their problems. I enjoy knowing that I can use my empathy and compassion to offer them support in challenging times. I believe I have many valuable skills that can help me succeed as a mental health counselor, and I’m excited about pursuing this profession so I can help others with their mental health issues.”
I have completed my Post Graduation in Psychology from Chettinad Medical University. I am passionate and have a knack for understanding people which drove me to pursue psychology. Listening, being empathic, understanding and being polite are my strengths in this field.
Anxiety, Breakups, Bullying, Chronic Pain, Depression, Domestic Violence, Eating Disorder, Exam Stress, Exercise Motivation, Family Stress, Financial Stress, Forgiveness, Grief, General Recovery, Getting Unstuck, Loneliness, Managing Emotions, Panic Attacks, Relationship Stress, Self-Esteem, Self-Harm, Social Anxiety, Student Life, Weight Management, Women’s Issues and Work Stress.
About my Approach:
- Each and every session is tailor made to the individual. No golden rule. During the first sessions we will look at the reason(s) that you chose therapy and will see your goals & obstacles. Further on, we will check your past in order to have a better understanding of your background and what led you here.
- During each session, we will talk about the here and now and what you can do to make your life more satisfactory.
- Through various techniques, will bring you in closer connection with your core & values, so as to get rid of distractions and help you develop your best self.
My experience includes providing individual & group counselling with various age groups like children, teenagers and middle aged and older adults in various settings.
I am certified in Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness, & Hypnotherapy. Also doing my doctoral research in JPMR & art therapy.
I also currently Volunteer as Crisis Tele- Mental Health Counselor and Global Verified Listener.”
- Psycho-Oncologist ( 2018 - 2018 ) Cancer Institute - Adyar Chennai, India
- Psychologist- Self Employed ( 2021 - Present ) Mind Serenity PCWC
- Crises Counselor ( 2021 - 2022 ) Vandrevala Foundation
- Psychologist ( 2022 - Present ) ZOYLU
- Asst Psychologist ( 2018 - 2019 ) Jayam Poly Clinic Hospital
- organizational Psychologist ( 2020 - 2020 ) Explore Counseling
- Clinical Psychology Observership ( 2020 - 2021 ) Fortis healthcare
- Junior Psychologist ( 2021 - 2022 ) KL Hospital
- Volunteer Teen & Adult Listener, Peer Supporter, Community Leader ( 2022 - Present ) 7 Cups
- Counselling Psychologist ( 2021 - Present ) DOCVITA
- M.C.Psych ( 2019 - 2021 ) Chettinad Hospital & Research Institute
- B.Psych ( 2016 - 2019 ) University of Madars
- Diploma in Mental health ( 2022 - 2022 ) Alison
- Diploma in Business & Managerial psychology ( 2018 - 2018 ) TNOU
- Diploma in Nutrition ( 2021 - 2022 ) Alison
Awards and Recognitions
- Best Intern ( 2020 )
- GUVI Guinness world Record ( 2021 )
- Certificate of appreciation in serving the Humanity by LYBRATE ( 2022 )
- International member at APA
- Association of Professional Psychologist TN